What a beautiful but windy Sunday it is! Today’s serenade is from Shakira (again!) because her new self-titled album dropped on Tuesday. I ran to Target to snatch it up as soon as I got out of bed that morning. I chose the song “The One Thing” because it’s a sweet song she wrote for her 1-year-old son, Milan. “You were the one thing that I got right.” I don’t have kids but I would imagine that most parents feel this way about their children, right? Either way, it’s super sweet and seemed like a good choice for this Sunday morning.
This Week’s Top 5 Awesome Things
1. Shakria. I went to Target so I could get the “deluxe” edition of the new album which included three extra songs. I’ve been listening to it non-stop ever since. I also picked up Frozen because we were supposed to see it for my birthday but I was too sick to move. Happy Tuesday to me!
2. Biostats. Ok, biostats in itself isn’t awesome and I pretty much hate it – I mean, they don’t even use numbers sometimes. I just don’t understand math without numbers! But I chose it as awesome for two reasons: the first is that the professor is making it as easy as he possibly can (bless is heart!) which includes giving us the practice midterm as the actual midterm, and the second is that it’s almost over!
3. French fries and milkshakes. My friends texted me before class and were like “where are you, let’s get fries and milkshakes” and so that’s what we did. And it was awesome! #publichealth
4. New Haircut Selfie. I got a new haircut, so I took a selfie. I had my stylist take off a few inches in hopes that the weather will warm up soon. Fingers crossed!
5. Burt’s Bees Dogs Products. I’m a big lover of Burt’s Bees products. Nick and I use their shampoo, conditioner, body and face washes, and I use their lip gloss and royal jelly. They’re all natural and local (Durham, FTW)! So I was psyched to see they’ve started making doggy products.
Have a great weekend, everyone!