I know I’ve been missing and I apologize for my absence. With school, the holidays, and just feeling a little down about blogging, I haven’t had much time (or motivation) to post anything but, hopefully, I’m back in full swing. I do have a presentation and two final exams in the this week but then I’m off for a month-long winter break!
It isn’t Sunday but I still wanted to serenade you. Today’s song is Contact High by Allen Stone. I think I like this song so much because it reminds me that it isn’t things that make me happy, but being around the people I care about and experiencing life. So, dear readers, get out there and keep experiencing life!
This Week’s Top 5 Things (that make me happy):
1. Family. Ok, this one is kind of a given, since it was just Thanksgiving, but I’m really close to mine and I haven’t seen them as often as usual since I started grad school. It was almost a relief to get to spend so much time with them!
2. My nephew. This definitely goes with family, but I’ve always wanted to be an aunt (I know it sounds crazy) and now I have a three-year-old nephew. He’s a trip and I love him so much. He lives back in my hometown so I don’t get to see him very much either, except for FaceTime, so I love getting to hang out with him. He’s so smart and funny, he’s definitely an awesome little person.
3. FaceTime. As I mentioned above, I get to talk to my nephew a lot on FaceTime since I don’t get to see him very often, so that makes me very happy!
4. White chocolate and raspberry flavored anything. It’s the best right now and I can’t seem to get enough of it!.
5. The end of the semester. It’s almost here! One semester down, three more to go!
Photo of the Week:
I found this on Pinterest and related to it immediately. I’m constantly reminding myself that I have to keep moving forward, especially when something feels right.
Have a great week, everyone! I’m off to study.