I’ve never had a good plan for taking pictures of my outfits. To be completely honest, I still don’t but I’m closer to figuring it out now that I’m not commuting every day or out of town for weeks at a time. I’ve read that some bloggers will plan their outfits on the weekend and take their photos in bulk. I’ve tried this and it gets exhausing for me. Some bloggers are able to take photos the morning or evening they wear them. I’ve kind of tried this and wasn’t at all consistent, but I feel like I’m in a position to give this a more successful attempt. In the meantime, I’ll share some outfits that never made it to the blog, mostly because I was never able to take “good enough” photos of them. The good thing is that I *did* actually wear all of these outfits. Enjoy!
1. This one never made it to the blog because I didn’t think it was good enough. I wore it to work over the winter while I was a graduate research assistant. I think what turned me off to it was that the front of the white blouse lays funny in the front.
2. I’ve worn this outfit (or some variation of it) so many times that there really isn’t any excuse for not getting good pictures. I probably didn’t think it was good enough for the blog either, even though it totally is. This was back when I felt immense pressure to “dress for the blog” instead of dressing for me. I’m getting much better at dressing in what I like instead of what I think will look good on the blog. Anyway, It’s a floral skirt from Old Navy that is really pretty and feminine and comfortable.
3. This is actually the Part 2 to my Birthday Outfit Part 1 post. I turned 30 last year and to celebrate, Nick and I had a nice spa day in the morning and then went out to a fancy dinner that night. I wore this dress for dinner, and we were going to get pictures before we went out but it never happened. I hadn’t planned on wearing the wrap or the black pantyhose, but it was so cold out that I didn’t have a choice. I don’t know what I was expecting though, because my birthday is in December! *Please excuse any mess or four-legged furbabies in the background!*
4. Okay, full disclosure: I haven’t worn this exact outfit yet. BUT I’ve worn the pants with a different shirt for a date night and it was sooo cute that I’m determined to get photos of it for the blog, so please stay tuned. However, it was this outfit that I put together in the dressing room that convinced me to take the plunge and purchage these pants, since they’re slightly out of my comfort zone.
5. This was an outfit I wore several winters ago! In fact, that shirt was in my very first Stitch Fix box. I think I’ve gotten rid of the blouse and the boots since then, but this was a really cute outfit that warmed up a cold day.
6. Another winter outfit that I probably felt was too plain for the blog. But I’m coming to terms that I have a really simple/somewhat minimalist sense of style and that’s okay. This is an outfit that was put on repeat that winter so, again, there’s no excuse to not have gotten a good photo of it.
7. Chambray and orange, it’ll never be wrong.
8. This was a spring break outfit two years ago. I did wear this blouse/cardigan combo with white jeans, but I like the casual feel of the darker denim, so maybe I’ll break this one back out and wear it again soon.
9. I wore this to a concert one evening, and the crop top was way out of my comfort zone but I went for it. The outfit is really cute but the skirt was really uncomfortable so I got rid of it.
10. Now we’re going old school. This was when I first started grad school in the fall of 2013 and decided to start style blogging. I didn’t have a nice camera, all I had was my old iPhone 4 – I’ve since divorced Apple and have a happy marriage with my Android devices – but this was my real life and were real outfits that I wore!
Maybe I’ll eventually get it together and take really good quality of some of these and repost them. But until then, I hope you’ve enjoyed getting a peak of the outfits that never made the blog!